Lindsay from The Life of Lindsay
nominated me for this “Liebster” award! I’ve never been nominated for a Liebster award before… so yay. Lindsay worked with me at Orientation at UVU for the last two years. She is incredible, funny, strong, and amazing! She’s leaving on a mission to Finland here in the next weekish and I’m oh-so-excited for her!
I had never heard of this award before so here is a quick description! Copied from Lindsay’s blog:
This is an award given to up-and-coming bloggers with under 200 followers. You are nominated by a fellow blogger, and once you accept the award, you do the following in a post:
//Answer the 11 questions that the nominator gives you.
//Post 11 facts about yourself.
//Nominate a few other bloggers for this award.
//Make up 11 questions for those bloggers to answer.
//Thank your nominator, and let your nominees know that they’ve been nominated by you.
Here are the questions Lindsay asked:
1. What is your favorite ride at Disneyland and why? (If you have never been what is your favorite Disney movie?)
That’s an excellent question. I went to Disneyland once when I was six. I don’t really remember anything except the Indiana Jones ride so I will say that that is my favorite ride. Aaaaand my favorite Disney movie is……. Hercules. Or Toy Story.
2. What is one quote that inspires you?
“It isn’t as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don’t worry. I say that to myself every morning. It will all work out. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him,
if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers.”
-President Gordon B. Hinckley
This quote helps me get through the ups and downs in life and means a lot to me. President Hinckley was a great example to me and was a prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. To learn more about prophets or the LDS church and what I believe click here
3. If you were a main character in a movie what actress would you like to play you?
Um………Well, that would be one hilarious movie. But I think I would either choose myself to play myself or Rachel McAdams… because I don’t really know any actresses and I like her.
4. What makes you laugh out loud?
The inside jokes I have with myself, my family and friend’s inside jokes, Brandon’s inside jokes.
Little kids that do funny things.
13 year olds.
on pinterest. (Seriously though, it’s funny.)
Almost everything that’s even slightly funny.
5. Write a sentence or two that describes a happy moment from your childhood?
“Stockton, open, three!!!! YES!!! John Stockton sends the Utah Jazz to the NBA finals!” Need I say more?
6. Name one of your favorite places in the US to travel to, and what you absolutely have to do there.
Kamas, Utah! Whaaaaaaaaat?! Yes, this is perhaps my favorite place in the world. What do you have to do there? Work at a girls camp, be away from the world, and learn the way of 13 year old girls. Sorry boys, you’re probably not going to be able to do this.
7. What is one skill or hobby you have always wanted to learn?
I would say cook, sew, or sing (because I’m pretty terrible at all three of those things) or something like that, but I’m actually very content with the skills I have. I know who I am and I’m happy with that.
8. How do you relax after a stressful day?
Watch a Jazz game or Psych and eat ice cream.
9. If you had to live somewhere, outside of the US, for the rest of your life where would you choose?
Uganda. I’d build schools, teach, and live the dream.
10. Who is your favorite author, and what is your favorite book they have written?
Um well I have a future favorite author and book. The book is “Assisted” and it is the autobiography of John Stockton, ha ha. I just know this is going to be my favorite. I know it.
11. One item everyone needs in their everyday life:
Scriptures and ice cream.
Really though, what else does anyone need?
11 Facts About Myself
1. I am a Utah Jazz fan. (If you don’t know this then you should come and talk to me more)
2. I run track and cross country for UVU and I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it! Both UVU, running, and everything about it.
3. I love country music. This has been developing over the last 5 years and now it has completely taken over the presets on my radio. ‘Merica!
4. I am a history and political science NERD! I’d been denying it for years but I’ve finally embraced it at UVU. [I mean, what kid in the 5th grade legitimately makes a campaign based on Democratic and Republican views for when they’re going to run for president at the age of 41?]
5. I am a basketball shorts and a t-shirt everyday kind of girl. If I don’t have to dress up I don’t. I grew up spending most of my free time with my dad and was quite the tom-boy. Plus let’s be honest, those clothes are WAY more comfortable.
6. My favorite chore is mowing the lawn
7. If I could pick a job based on nothing more than pure enjoyment I would forever be a camp counselor. It’s my favorite job in the world.
8. I’ve recently decided that it is really important to follow your dreams. Money, other people’s opinions, etc. aside if you want to do something GO DO IT! People will say no to a lot of decisions but if you feel right about it and want to do it then make your dreams come true. I’m currently in the process of making this happen for myself.
9. I am stoked out of my mind to teach and I really want to teach junior high kids. Most people can’t stand them but I love that age so much!
10. I am a through and through yellow personality. I like having fun and I’m proud of it.
11. I am incredibly grateful and happy to be a member of the LDS Church.
And although I know she has more than 200 followers.. 🙂 Kalina Zufelt
Your 11 questions!
1. What is your favorite sport? Why?
2. What is one dream you have on your bucket list? Are you working on doing that dream?
3. Favorite 2 songs right now?
4. What was your first job?
5. Beach or Mountains? Why?
6. What is something you’ve learned the last year that you think would be helpful for others to know too?
7. What is one of your biggest fears (that you’re willing to share)?
8. What is a pet peeve of yours?
9. What is your favorite thing to do when you have free time?
10. What is your favorite restaurant?
11. Why do you have a blog?
Thanks for reading peeps!